- Member Resources – Access to the AAPA-OM leadership, a toll-free telephone number, a dedicated AAPA-OM website, and brand new – a discussion group
- Publications –The AAPA-OM Newsletter and public education materials
- Professional Networking – Representation at the annual AAPA Conference, American Occupational Health Conference (AOHC), and the American College of Occupational & Environmental (ACOEM) State of the Art Conference (SOTAC)
- Continuing Medical Education – Lectures are routinely sponsored by AAPA-OM during the annual AAPA and at the American Occupational Health Conferences Official Liaison & Advocacy
- Official liaison to ACOEM and the AAPA
Fellow membership is open to graduates of PA educational programs that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) formerly called the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA), or upon successful completion of the NCCPA certifying exam prior to January 1, 1982.
Student membership is open to students enrolled in CAAHEP-accredited educational programs.
Physician membership is open to all those who wish to increase the interaction of the team concept in Occupational Medicine and is encouraged for supervising physicians.
Associate membership is for a person engaged either in selling products and/or providing other services to PAs or an individual employed by a government agency who does not qualify for any other membership category. Associate Members shall be entitled to the privilege of the floor but shall not be entitled to vote or to hold office.